Sunday, October 25, 2015

Dill Pumpkin Seeds Recipe

            Fall is upon us, and with fall comes Halloween treats, and everything pumpkin flavor. I am very much one for everything Halloween, the pumpkin carving, haunted houses, and the caramel apples. (Vegan of course!)
            One of my all time favorite things this time of the year are the pumpkins, and what’s inside of them! I love pumpkin seeds, as does my family, and a batch of them never makes it around to the next day in our house. They’re super simple and easy to make, so I thought I’d share my version of them!

            Ingredients you’ll need: 
            1 pumpkin
            1 tspn dill
            1/2 tspn sea salt
            
            First, cut open your pumpkin and scrape out all of the seeds.  Then wash them off really well and put them in a bowl; make sure the seeds are still damp, and slimy!


            Toss the dill and the sea salt in, and then mix with the pumpkin seeds until they’re all covered. I usually sprinkle in a little more dill at this point if there’s not enough, also just because I love the dill flavoring!

         
            Once they’re coated, toss them on a pan and spread evenly. Then throw into the oven at 300°F for about 10 minutes. For a more crunchier seed, put them in at 250°F for a little while longer so that they have time to really dry out.


Then take them out (put in a festive fall bowl if you have one!) and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment